Wednesday, December 11, 2013

nerdlution check in

So this is my first nerdlution check in and I'm happy to report that my first week of implementing change (see list below) went pretty well.  It allowed me to mix things up and think outside my box.  I found it most difficult to keep up with 3 and 7 while the easiest were 1 and 2.  I most enjoyed finding new ways to complete 4, 5, and 6, and because the goal is to accomplish these things daily, I found lots of overlap between these three.  Somedays I fell short on completing them all and I surprised myself at how easily I let it go.  The most important thing I've re-learned is that even small efforts make a big difference.  And I have to comment on the #nerdlution Twitterverse community...a constant source of inspiration.  I wish all the participants the highest good as they move along the trail!

If you want to get in on the action, click here to see where it all started.

1  
get out in nature
read for one hour
 
spend one hour in art studio
4  
give something away
5  
do one scary thing that moves me toward my writing dream
 
move - mind, body, or spirit
focus wholly & completely on whatever project is in front of me

6 comments:

  1. Number 2 would be very hard for me, I take a book for lunch everyday but never seem to get a chance to read it. Number 3 used to be non-existent but with my latest ventures...not anymore :) Thanks for sharing! How exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Savannah,

    Yes, I guess your latest book series, Child Genius 101, would keep you busy with art projects. How fun! And maybe there are other art-y things going on. Would love to hear. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi,

    I thought you might like this. I tweeted you the info last week sometime, so you can find it all in your feed. You've been a busy person, I know, and the tweet might've slipped through the cracks. It's never to late to join and I hope to see you around #nerdlution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your commitment. Keep up the good work. I love the idea! I may have to try it on a smaller scale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Shirley. And good luck if you try it.

    ReplyDelete